This text is a reference for learning and mastering WebGPU API (theoretical and applied perspective). In these pages, we provide links to official code and documentation, discuss the WebGPU API (and shaders) from an applied perspective with examples and explanations.
Copyright © 2023 Benjamin Kenwright.
The cover art was created by Alison Song and is based on a procedural ray-tracing algorithm (generated in the WGSL shader).
Special thanks to reviewers, colleagues and friends for input and discussion while developing the initial versions of the text.
Chapter 1: General
Chapter 2: Graphics
- A New Dawn: WebGPU's Impact on 3D Rendering
- The Art of Light: Global Illumination with WebGPU
- A Feast for the Eyes: Advanced Visual Web-Effects
Chapter 3: Data-Processing
- From Big Data to Beautiful Visuals: Data Visualization with WebGPU
- Unleashing the Power of Web-Parallelism through WebGPU: High-Performance Web-Computing
- Exploring Complex Systems: WebGPU Scientific Simulation
Chapter 4: Games
- Bringing Games to Life: Interactive Graphics with WebGPU
- Building Better Worlds: WebGPU in Game Development
- The Future of Gaming: Virtual Reality with WebGPU
Chapter 5: Sound
- Making Web-Based Audio and Video Shine with WebGPU
- Beyond the Beat: Sound Visualization with WebGPU
- Spatial Sound: The Next Frontier for Web-Based Audio
- A Symphony of Senses: Multi-Sensory Experiences with WebGPU
Chapter 6: Simulations
- Simulating Reality with WebGPU: Realistic Graphics
- Water World: Fluid Dynamics Simulation
- Seeing the Climate: Weather Simulation